It's almost your big day...
So let's talk about wedding day prep. Here are some of my favorite and simple wedding day tips to help you look and feel your best.
These tips may be pretty common and easy but they can easily go forgotten with all the wedding planning chaos.
1. Tanning: If you’re going to tan before the wedding, be sure to avoid tan lines – especially if you have a strapless dress. If you’re getting married in the summer, make sure that in the two to three months leading up to your wedding you’re tanning evenly to avoid tan lines. Spray tanning: make sure you give yourself a few days to let the spray tan set in but not long enough to develop blotches. Sunless tanning lotion is also a great idea and you can play around with it months before for practice.
2. Hair & Makeup: Get your hair and makeup professionally done. Be sure to do a trial run beforehand to ensure you like the look before your big day. Your hair and makeup artist wants to make sure you love your look on the big day so they'll let you do a trial run. Maybe even just for your engagement photos!
3. Accessories: Try on your dress with different accessories you think you want to wear on your wedding day. This way, you know what it looks like with the dress so you know for sure what you want to wear, and are not trying to decide on a necklace, etc. on the day of your wedding. This takes away getting ready time and causes unnecessary stress.
4. Shoes: Walk around in your wedding shoes prior to the big day to get them worn in. Also, take some sandpaper to the bottoms to scuff them up a bit so you don’t slip down the aisle or on the dance floor. If you are going to walk around in grass, you’ll want to get some high heel protector caps so you don’t sink in the grass. (Amazon!) Also be conscious of walking on uneven grass so you don’t face plant in your pretty white dress.
5. Eat & Drink: The best way for you to look your best is to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water the days leading up to, and the day of, your wedding. Also, be sure to eat on your wedding day throughout the day so you don’t pass out or get a headache. You'll easily forget this part with so much going on, but before the wedding day, ask someone you'll be getting ready with to make sure and get you something to eat at various times (while you're getting ready and just before the ceremony are great times to have a small snack so you're not shaky or starving later on). And if you’re going to drink red wine, remember that it can stain everything (including your mouth) so take pre-cautions.
I hope these quick tips help you to look and feel your best on your big day! The day will fly by and you've spent months, maybe even years, prepping, so make sure you enjoy the moment.
Have any other tips to feel and look your best on your big day? Let me know here and I'll feature them in upcoming blogs!